Thursday, July 30, 2009

Western Digital Ships First 2.5-inch 1TB Hard Drive

While I was doing my transcribing work, I heard the speaker on the audio talks about this powerful hard drive and sounds interesting to me. So I stop what I'm doing and research for Western Digital Hard Drive. What capture my attention is not because of this being compact but because it is 750 GB. Wow!



Finds application in select notebooks and external storage devices.
Western Digital has announced two new mobile hard drives in the 2.5-inch form factor featuring 1TB and 750GB capacities. The new drives belong to Scoprio Blue lineup of internal hard drives from the outfit and sport 333GB/platter.
The new WD Scorpio Blue 750GB & 1TB Hard Drives have a 12.5mm height (9.5mm is the standard). As a result, their application is kind of restricted to select notebooks and small form factor PCs which support that size. But the biggest revolution is expected to happen in the portable & external storage space. WD is all set to roll out 750GB & 1TB versions of My Passport Essential SE Portable USB Drives.
Pricing & Availability:
WD Scorpio Blue 750GB (model no. WD7500KEVT) drives are now available through select distributors and resellers. It would be more difficult to get your hands on the 1TB version (model no. WD10TEVT) though. They will be available in the form of My Passport Essential SE USB drive only (atleast for now). Western Digital's MSRP for the WD Scorpio Blue 1TB & 750GB drives are $249.99 and $189.99


-source http://laptoplogic.com/news/western-digital-ships-first-2.5-inch-1tb-hard-drive-14469

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008